Wm. Fergusson & Sons Limited

Identity area

Type of entity

Authorized form of name

Wm. Fergusson & Sons Limited

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

Wm. Fergusson & Sons Weaving Manufacturers was inaugurated in 1818 in the Hilltown district of Dundee but it was not until 1839 that the buildings were erected on the present site. On 30 May 1892 the premises were destroyed by fire and the new Dudhope Works, designed by J. Murray Robertson, came into operation in May 1893. The company was acquired by Low & Bonar Ltd in 1912 and became a Limited Liability Company in that year. Wm. Fergusson and Sons traded under their own name until 1971/2.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places