The Rucksack Club

Identity area

Type of entity

Authorized form of name

The Rucksack Club

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

The Rucksack Club was first set up in 1923 and the official title of the club was 'The Rucksack Club of University College Dundee'. The aim of the club was to 'further the interests of the members in all matters appertaining to mountaineering, hill climbing, camping, tramping and similar open air past times.' The official name of the club is now Dundee University Rucksack Club as the club evolved alongside the creation of the University of Dundee. A memorial fund was set up for Graham Leaver, who was a member of the club who died in a climbing accident in 1989. The result of the memorial fund was the renovation of the Glas-Allt-Shiel bothy, which is used by the Rucksack Club.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places