The Dundee Calendering Company Ltd

Identity area

Type of entity

Authorized form of name

The Dundee Calendering Company Ltd

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence


The Dundee Calendering Company Ltd was incorporated in 1908. It was housed in a complex called the Dundee or Queen Street Calendar, built in around 1822. In its early days it was managed by A.J. Warden. In the 1950s Alexander Henderson and Sons Ltd acquired many of their shares, and possibly a controlling interest in the company. By 1960 the company was a subsidiary of Low Brothers & Co (Dundee) Ltd, and thus eventually became part of Don & Low (Holdings) Ltd


Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points


Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used


Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion




Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places