St. Mary's Church, Arbroath

Identity area

Type of entity

Authorized form of name

St. Mary's Church, Arbroath

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

After being driven out of the parish church in 1694, a meeting house was set up in a house in the Marketgate. From 1732 services took place in the home of Rev. Henry Edgar in the High Street. This was replaced in 1768 by another meeting house in Hill Terrace, followed later by another in a house built by Rev. Patrick Rose in West Abbey Street. After the Episcopal and Qualified congregations joined in 1806 they worshipped in the former Qualified Chapel, St Mary's which was sold in 1859, five years after the present St Mary's Church was built.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places