St Luke's Episcopal Church, Dundee

Identity area

Type of entity

Authorized form of name

St Luke's Episcopal Church, Dundee

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

In 1896, Sir Reginald Ogilvy opened up a mission in the schoolroom of Baldovan House, with services taken by the clergy of Saint Paul's church in Dundee. It was not until 1910 that a suitable church was built, the congregation raised to Independent status and the new church formally consecrated as St Luke's, under the Reverend William Wood. A parsonage was completed in June 1921, and an influx of members came from the closure of the Catholic Apostolic Church in 1947. A church hall was added in 1951.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places