St Laurence's Church, Laurencekirk

Identity area

Type of entity

Authorized form of name

St Laurence's Church, Laurencekirk

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

The Episcopalians were driven from the parish church of Laurencekirk in 1693, after which they built a new meeting house at Redmyre. This was burned down in 1746 and from 1752 services were held at Mill of Haulkerton until a new meeting house was constructed at East Redmyre in 1760. A new chapel, dedicated to St. Laurence, was built in Laurencekirk in 1791, and absorbed the congregations of Redmyre and Luthermuir. The present church was opened in 1873. Laurenckirk now serves the congregations of Drumtochty and Fasque (since 1954) and Drumlithie (since 1985).

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places