Shiell and Small

Identity area

Type of entity

Authorized form of name

Shiell and Small

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

Shiell and Small, solicitors, was founded in 1832 by John Shiell of Smithfield and David Small. It began trading in New Inn Entry before moving to larger premises in Bank Street in the 1860s. A family concern until 1891, W. Thomson Currie, who had been admitted as a co-partner, assumed control and continued the practice under the same name. Shiell and Small acted as Treasurers to the University College Dundee and the Technical Institute, served as Clerks for the Baxter Park Trust and were factors for the Dalhousie, Rossie Priory and Baldovan estates. Shiell and Small ceased trading in 1990.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places