Letter books. [Wet copy].
- 1864-1921 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Name of creator
The Exchange was established in 1856 by Sir John Ogilvy. He offered land in Bank Street which he and others had purchased to be used as the site. The Corn Exchange and its associated buildings were used by the public for concerts, classes, meetings and a picture saleroom. It was originally administered by a committee, which included members such as John Leng, proprietor of the Dundee Advertiser, and Lord Kinnaird.
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Letter books. [Wet copy]. 1864-1921
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Open for consultation subject to preservation requirements. Access must also conform to the restrictions of the Data Protection Act (2018), General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR, 2018) and any other relevant legislation or restrictions. Clinical information is closed for 100 years.
Conditions governing reproduction
Reproduction is available subject to preservation requirements. Charges may be made for this service, and copyright and other restrictions may apply; please check with the Duty Archivist.
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Paper. May require conservation
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
Genre access points
Description control area
Rules and/or conventions used
Description compiled in line with the following standards: International Council on Archives, ISAD(G) General International Standard Archival Description; International Council on Archives, ISAAR(CPF): International Standard Archival Authority Record for Corporate Bodies, Persons, and Families; National Council on Archives, Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997
Dates of creation revision deletion