Kerr and Anderson families

Identity area

Type of entity

Authorized form of name

Kerr and Anderson families

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

The Grange estate was at one time the 'home farm' of Arbroath Abbey. Separated in the fourteenth century, it was granted by Robert the Bruce to Sir William Durham, for services rendered as a knight. It passed from Durham to James Martine in the early eighteenth century, and from the latter to heirs David Watson and Anne Martine. By 1771, it was owned by Charles Hunter. In 1792, Thomas Kerr, a farmer in Pitskellie, bought the property from Charles Hunter. It subsequently passed to his son, David, followed by his grandson, Thomas. After the death of the second Thomas Kerr in 1879, the entire estate passed to Alexander Anderson, and from him to Thomas Anderson (died 15 March 1927).

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places