James Stiven Ltd

Identity area

Type of entity

Authorized form of name

James Stiven Ltd

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence


James Stiven Ltd was trading prior to 1874 as engineers' factor and mill furnisher at Victoria Buildings, 30 East Dock Street. The company was incorporated in 1910, after the death of James Stiven, as 'oil merchants, mill furnishers and bobbin manufacturers of 7 Royal Exchange Lane, Dundee and Scotscraig Mill, Tayport'. Sole director at that time was James Stiven's son, of the same name. On his death in 1921 ownership of the company passed to the companies and directors of the Thomas Duff Group


Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points


Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used


Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion




Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places