Showing 15 results

Descriptions
Alexander Hutcheson Collection
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

8 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Letter, Harry M. Willsher, University College, Dundee

Letter, 22 April 1936, from Harry M. Willsher Librariarn, University College, Dundee, to Miss Hutcheson, Broughty Ferry mentioning the recovery of the original Pamure MS and a request by Lady Dalhousie to see the transcript. Includes head and shoulder portrait photograph of unidentified gentleman c.1900.

Alexander Hutcheson

Cantus

Glass plate negatives (5) and contact prints of 3 pages of music from the Pamure MS and title page of "Cantus", Aberdeen 1682.

Alexander Hutcheson

Report

Report on "The Panmure MS" by Helena Shire, University of Cambridge with additional notes by Dr R.H. Carnie, Department of English, Queens College and related correspondence between same, the Master of Queens College (Professor A.E. Matheson) and Professor A.D. Walsh, Department of Chemistry, Queens College.

Alexander Hutcheson

Notes

Rough notes on 'The Panmure MS' and music of Scotland in general including the 'Aberdeen Cantus'.

Alexander Hutcheson

Volume

Volume entitled 'The Pamure MS', transcribed from the original preserved in the Library at Panmure House by Alexander Hutcheson, Herschel House, Broughty Ferry, 1895". Transcript of the words from Robert Edward's Common Place Book, a Scottish Music book of the late 17th century.

Alexander Hutcheson

Alexander Hutcheson Collection

  • MS 22
  • Collection
  • 1682-1960
Transcript - "The Panmure MS", and related notes, photographs and correspondence. The volume is a transcript of the words, though not the music, from Robert Edward's 'Commonplace Book' which dates from the end of the seventeenth century. Edward, it's compiler, was minister of Murroes, and was the man responsible for the first printed description of Forfarshire. His musical commonplace book is one of the collection of early Scottish Music books in the possession of Lord Dalhousie. The transcription was made in 1895 by Hutcheson

Alexander Hutcheson