- MS 17/4/2
Showing 11 resultsDescriptions
Includes: Tacks of land of Grange, between Thomas Kerr, Grange, and Thomas Smith , Murroes, 1875; between trustees of David Anderson, Grange, and David Smith, Murroes, 1898; and between Thomas Anderson, Co, Kildare, and David [Smith Swan], . List of contractors' estimates for the construction of a granary at Milton Mill, Monifieth. 1879. Specifications and schedules for repairs and alterations to Milton Mill, Monifieth, 1880; to farm steading, Grange, 1894; to cottage and bothy, Grange 1899; and to dwelling house and farm buildings, Milton, Monifieth. 1901. Details of expenditure on Milton Mill, Monifieth. 1901.
- MS 17/1/3
The Newport Railway Act, 1867. [Printed copy] Bills and other Parliamentary papers relating to the Newport Railway, 1867-1873, The North British Railway, 1877-1878, The Caledonian Railway, 1878. Includes petitions by Dundee Harbour Trustees and by Perth Town Council, relating to the North British Railway Bill. 1888. Also includes: The Scottish Central Railway (stations) Act. 1864. "The Fifth Schedule", part of an agreement between North British Railway Company and Newport Railway Company. 1888.
- MS 17/2/1
(1-54) Title deeds, legal papers and correspondence. 1846-1902. Mainly relates to acquisition of land and property in Dundee and Perth by the North British Railway Co, but includes conveyance of land in Dundee by Dundee Town council to the Caledonian Railway Co, 1868 and papers relating to land behind Cupar Jail, 1846-1892. Also includes: (22) Plans  showing ground between Foundry Lane and East Dock Street, Dundee, property of the Joint Committee of the Caledonian and North British Railway Co, for the purpose of constructing new railway sidings. ["39"]. Surveyor: unknown. Scale approx. 1 in. to 40 ft. [1:480] 74 x 49 cm. Scale approx. 1 in. to 40 ft. [1:480] 76 x 55 cm.
- MS 17/2/2
(1-7) Precognition of Henry Able Noble and David Young, salmon fisher, proof of William [Oran], boilermaker, Henry Able Noble, Captain Pryde, John Wilson, Captain Charles Wright, relating to Tay Bridge Enquiry. 1880. (8,9) Petitions by the Provost, Magistrates and Town Council of Cupar and Brechin in favour of the Tay Bridge Bill. 1881. (10) Removal of the old Tay Bridge. Evidence before select committee of the House of Commons. 1885. (11) Letters concerning the "New Tay Bridge Viaduct". Correspondents are William MacLeish, G. Neiland, Thomas Thornton, 25 February, 1881. (12) Tay Bridge Railways. Canvas Book. 1869. (13) North British Railway Company (Additional Works and Powers) Act. 1877. (14) Precognition of David Cunningham, Civil Engineer and Charles Yule, Dundee Harbour Master, together with briefs for Dundee Harbour Trustee, relating to the North British Railways Bill. 1888. (15) Unidentified extract of a private bill (Waterworks). 1881. (16) Unsigned letter to Town Clerk's Office, Dundee. 16 November, 1881. (17) 'The Tay Bridge Bill'; article on committee stage of the bill in the Dundee Advertiser. 3 May, 1881.
- MS 17/4/1/5
Specifications and other papers relating to work on lodge, gateway and garden walls, to formation of new approach road, and to building of new granary at Milton of Monifieth. 1879-1880. Includes inventory of machinery and furnishings for mill at Milton of Monifieth. 1887. [See also MS 17P/302-3]. .
- MS 17/4/1/9
- MS 17/P
Maps and plan, mainly of Dundee, Angus, Perthshire; subjects include property, railways, water supplies, harbours, River Tay, roads, estates, Ordnance Survey c.1771-1940. These plans were kept on behalf of their clients by Thomas Thornton, Son & Co in the course of their practice as solicitors.
Thomas Thornton, Son & Co
- MS 17/5
Papers, correspondence and accounts relating to drainage of land on the Morphie estate 1854-1884, with states of rents payable by the tenants of Morphie and Stone of Morphie 1876-1883; reports and specifications, offers and other correspondence relating to construction of Morphie Hill Road,1873-1878; inventory of leases and policies of insurance belonging to Baron Grahame 1877; valuations and copies of surveyors' reports re. Morphie Dam Dyke, 1879-1881, and to buildings at Stone of Morphie and Mill of Morphie, 1882; statements of offers for lands and property, draft leases and other legal correspondence relating to Morphie estate 1880-1889; accounts of the trustees of Baron Grahame with Thomas Thornton Son & Co, Dundee 1881-1885; accounts and receipts of James Barclay Grahame as curator bonis to Baron Francis Barclay Grahame 1890-1891.
- MS 17/6
Inventories and valuations of furniture etc., in Thornton Castle, Laurencekirk belonging to Mrs Thornton and Miss Scott and 13 plans of buildings belonging to the Thornton Estate surveyed by Northern Assurance Co Ltd. Thornton Castle, near Laurencekirk in the parish of Marykirk, Kincardineshire is known to date back to at least 1531. It was an ancient seat of the Strachan family. The property was acquired by Alexander Crombie, an advocate and land agent, in 1804, was considerably refurbished in the following years, and was later owned by Sir Thomas Thornton.
Thomas Thornton, Son & Co