Dundee Medical Library

Identity area

Type of entity

Authorized form of name

Dundee Medical Library

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

The Dundee Medical Subscription Library originated from a circular written by Dr Robert Sinclair, physician to Dundee Royal Infirmary, and was designed to provide a range of medical books to subscribers for whom private medical libraries were no longer possible. The Library was formally established at a meeting held on the 19 October 1880. Initially books were shelved at the Albert Institute. Subsequent homes were provided in the premises of A Kidd, a bookseller in Mitchell Street, the University Club and in Professor Paterson's room at University College. In 1903 the Library was given to St Andrews University Medical Library, one of the conditions being that the books should be housed in University College, Dundee.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places