Dundee General Hospitals

Identity area

Type of entity

Authorized form of name

Dundee General Hospitals

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

Dundee General Hospitals Board of Management was established in 1948 as the body of the National Health Service responsible for running the Dundee Royal Infirmary, the Royal Victoria Hospital, Armistead Convalescent Home, The Bughties, the Constitution Road Clinic, the Deafness Clinic, the Eye Institution, the Infant Hospital, the Orthopaedic and Rheumatic Clinic, the Gerard Cottage Hospital, Kings Cross Hospital, Maryfield Hospital, the Sidlaw Hospital and the Dundee Women's Hospital as well as the Mobile Mass Radiography Unit and the Special Appliance clinic. The first new hospital to be inaugurated under the control of the Board of Management was Ninewells Hospital, which was offically opened in 1974.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places