Dundee Convalescent Hospital

Identity area

Type of entity

Authorized form of name

Dundee Convalescent Hospital

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

The Convalescent Hospital was opened on 28 November 1860 in premises in Union Place to provide convalescent facilities funded by public subscription. It moved to William Street, Forebank, in 1870 and its operation ceased around 1911. Dundee Convalescent Hospital was not connected with Dundee Convalescent Home, Barnhill, which was endowed by David Baxter and which was part of Dundee Royal Infirmary.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places