Dundee and Perth Railway

Identity area

Type of entity

Authorized form of name

Dundee and Perth Railway

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

The Dundee and Perth Railway was incorporated in July 1845 and the line opened two years later in 1847, against general opposition from local landowners, providing the first railway link to the town of Perth. The station built by the company was situated at Barnhill on the north bank of the Tay and was only connected by a bridge across the river to the new Perth railway station in 1849. The Dundee and Perth Railway Company expanded by leasing the Dundee and Newtyle line from 1846 and from 1848 leased the Dundee and Arbroath line. The same year the company was authorised by Parliament to change its name, and assumed the title of the Dundee, Perth and Aberdeen Railway Junction Company. It was vested in the Scottish Central Railway in 1863, and the company was eventually dissolved and transferred to the Caledonian Railway in 1881, becoming part of the London, Midland and Scottish in 1923.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places