Collection BrMS 13 - Records of St Laurence's Church, Laurencekirk

Identity area

Reference code

BrMS 13

Title

Records of St Laurence's Church, Laurencekirk

Date(s)

  • 1752-1790 (Creation)

Level of description

Collection

Extent and medium

1 volume

Context area

Name of creator

Biographical history

The Episcopalians were driven from the parish church of Laurencekirk in 1693, after which they built a new meeting house at Redmyre. This was burned down in 1746 and from 1752 services were held at Mill of Haulkerton until a new meeting house was constructed at East Redmyre in 1760. A new chapel, dedicated to St. Laurence, was built in Laurencekirk in 1791, and absorbed the congregations of Redmyre and Luthermuir. The present church was opened in 1873. Laurenckirk now serves the congregations of Drumtochty and Fasque (since 1954) and Drumlithie (since 1985).

Content and structure area

Scope and content

Account of moneys collected for the poor 1754-1786; managers' minutes 1753-1755; seat rent collections c.1752-1755; receipts and accounts 1753-1790.

Accruals

Not expected

System of arrangement

Arranged within series.

Conditions of access and use area

Conditions governing access

Open for consultation subject to preservation requirements. Access must also conform to the restrictions of the Data Protection Act (2018), General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR, 2018) and any other relevant legislation or restrictions. Clinical information is closed for 100 years.

Conditions governing reproduction

Reproduction is available subject to preservation requirements. Charges may be made for this service, and copyright and other restrictions may apply; please check with the Duty Archivist.

Language of material

Script of material

Language and script notes

Physical characteristics and technical requirements

Paper

Finding aids

Handlist

Allied materials area

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related units of description

Related descriptions

Notes area

Note

These records originally formed part of Br MS 4.

Alternative identifier(s)

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Description control area

Description identifier

BrMS 13

Rules and/or conventions used

Description compiled in line with the following standards: International Council on Archives, ISAD(G) General International Standard Archival Description; International Council on Archives, ISAAR(CPF): International Standard Archival Authority Record for Corporate Bodies, Persons, and Families; National Council on Archives, Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997

Status

Catalogued

Dates of creation revision deletion

Language(s)

  • English

Script(s)

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related genres

Related places