Anderson-Grice Co. Ltd

Identity area

Type of entity

Authorized form of name

Anderson-Grice Co. Ltd

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

Anderson-Grice Co. Ltd was founded by George Anderson, the owner of the Arbroath Foundry in Dickfield Street, Arbroath. Anderson's main products related to quarrying which was a major industry in Angus at this time. In around 1886, Anderson began to relocate his business Carnoustie. The new premises were the former Taymouth Linen Works, a larger site and one which was located next to the Dundee and Arbroath Joint Railway. The move was completed by 1898. In 1902 Arthur Grice became a partner in the company. The main products of the company were varieties of cutting machinery, but they also produced a variety of other mechanical devices including cranes and the Dalhousie motor car (1906 to 1910)

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places