All Souls Church, Invergowrie

Identity area

Type of entity

Authorized form of name

All Souls Church, Invergowrie

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

Episcopalians have worshipped at All Souls since 1896. Prior to that, they had gathered at a chapel on the Rossie Estate, near Inchture. Rossie Chapel was used from 1866 until the death of the estate owner, Lord Kinnaird in 1878. Lord Kinnaird's widow, Lady Frances, opened a temporary chapel which was used until the main focus of mission activity moved to Invergowrie, where a temporary building was fitted out as a Church in 1883. By this time plans were well under way to build the present Church, with the first foundation stone being laid in 1892. Lady Frances provided a benefaction for the building of the Church which was dedicated as All Souls in 1896.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places