Showing 2403 resultsNames
Wallace Works (Manufacturing Wholesalers) Ltd was a textile concern based in Perth. It was a subsidiary company of the Don and Low Group. The company seems to have ceased to exist in about 1978. The Wallace Works itself was retained by Don & Low and remained in use as a factory until at least the 1980s. By 1998, the works had been demolished.
The Walkerville Bag Manufacturing Company, based in Montreal, Canada, manufactured burlap bags. The Canadian Bag Company and Woods Manufacturing Company Limited were majority shareholders of the company, and J H Bonar was one of the directors.
W.L. Whyte went to India in 1933, employed as a weaver supervisor by Thomas Duff & Co., who managed Angus, Samnuggar, Titaghur and Victoria jute mills
W. Henry de Wytt graduated from the University of Glasgow in 1895 and acted as lecturer on Materia Medica and Therapeutics at St Andrews University from c 1896-1898. In 1898 he applied for the position of Chair of Materia Medica at St Andrews University.
The company was founded in 1894, taking over the Queen Victoria Works from Charles Lyell, jute spinner, and was later a subsidiary of Blackwood, Morton and Sons, Ltd. It was active until at least the 1920s.
The firm started trading at 60 Victoria Road, Dundee, between 1875 and 1886. It was acquired by A & S Henry & Co Ltd in 1910, who moved their Dundee offices to the Victoria Road premises. In 1953, with the incorporation of A & S Henry & Co (Dundee) Ltd, it became part of that company. Sack making and printing were carried out at the Victoria Road Works.
This jute mill company was incorporated in 1883. Building of its mill was halted for about a year during a celebrated land dispute (1884-1886) with the Samnuggur Jute Factory Co Ltd who saw the new mill as a threat to their labour supply. Thomas Duff & Co Ltd took over the agency of the company in 1888. In 1969 the Victoria Jute Factory Co Ltd was merged with the Samnuggur Jute Factory Co Ltd and the Titaghur Jute Factory Co Ltd with the latter as the parent company and the Angus Company Ltd as a subsidiary of the group. In 1976 changes to the articles of association were adopted, reorganising the capital of the Company and transferring its residence to India, effectively passing management and control of the Company from Dundee to Calcutta.
Results 101 to 125 of 2403