Showing 2400 resultsNames
- Corporate body
The Alumni & Development office helps alumni stay in touch with one another and with the University. It is in contact with nearly 60,000 Dundee graduates in more than 100 countries. The alumni support the University in many ways, from generously donating their time and expertise to making gifts, which change lives and this can all be done through Dundee-Reunited.
- Corporate body
The University of Dundee Ladies' Club held its inaugral meeting on 25 October 1928. Originally known as Dundee University College Tea Club it was later known as Queen's College Ladies' Tea Club. Formed for the relatives and wives of University staff the club organised social events, talks and lectures. In 2003 it celebrated its 75th anniversary.
Central Media Services used to run the University photography department and took and kept images of the University and Dundee
The University of Dundee is a public research university based in the Scottish city and Royal burgh of Dundee. Founded in 1881 the institution became, after its initial years of independence, a constituent college of the University of St Andrews. Following significant expansion, the University of Dundee became an independent body in 1967. The main campus of the university is located in Dundee's West End which contains many of the university's teaching and research facilities; the Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art and Design, Dundee Law School and the Dundee Dental Hospital and School. The university has additional facilities at Ninewells Hospital – containing its School of Medicine, Perth Royal Infirmary – which houses a clinical research centre, and in Kirkcaldy, Fife – containing part of its school of Nursing and Midwifery. Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Dundee
The Association was incorporated in 1909 and was rather different from similar bodies, in that it was divided into three spheres of influence: London, Dundee and Liverpool, each with its Secretary and Board of Directors. The objects of the Association were to regularise and control matters dealing with the purchase and sale of jute goods in the United Kingdom. The contract used conformed to that of the Calcutta Jute Fabric Shippers' Association, with some additional clauses relating to local requirements. Disputes and arbitrations were dealt with by the local Board. The United Kingdom Jute Goods Association Ltd was not part of the A & S Henry group.
Results 151 to 175 of 2400